We’re here to help.
We’re available to help you via email or phone. Before submitting a ticket please review the below troubleshooting FAQs.
80% of people resolve their issue immediately (which beats waiting to hear back from us!).
If you can’t find what you need, keep on scrolling and you’ll find a contact form 😀.
Why do I get an error when creating an account with Facebook?
This is a frustrating bug on the part of Facebook. Here are some common things that can trigger the bug, and solutions for you to try.
1.You do not have an email address or profile photo associated with your Facebook account.
2. You just created a brand new Facebook account to join DateID.
3. Sometimes Facebook has problems with certain phones and computers.
4. You have a slow internet connection.
5. There are multiple Facebook accounts on your computer’s browser.
Here are things you can try. Most of the time one of them will resolve the issue, so please try them all.
1. Create a DateID account on a different device or with a different Facebook account.
2. Delete and reinstal the Facebook app on your phone.
3. Log in via your phone’s browser instead of the Facebook app.
4. Add an email and photo to your Facebook account (if applicable).
If you’ve tried all that and nothing works, please contact us to let us know.
How do I share my DateID profile?
Why are women on hookup sites rejecting my DateID profile as a valid form of verification?
If you’ve leveled up to Gold, DateID is the gold standard for dating verification.
If anyone is rejecting it and saying you need any other kind of ID, such as a hookup ID, meetup ID, safe dating ID, or anything that sounds similar, we’re sorry to inform you that you’re being targeted by scammers.
Do not give anyone payment of any kind.
Please review this article to learn how the scam works: blog.dateid.com/hookup-id/
We track these scams, which are constantly evolving, and would appreciate it if you’d send us specifics on the scam you’re caught up in. Please include any websites or URLs people have sent you.
Can you send me a physical ID card?
Why can't I verify my location?
The most common causes are that you’ve entered your location in an unrecogzied format, or that you’re on-the-go.
Here are some quick fixes that may help you verify your location.
1. Try a different device (phone vs computer)
2. Try being both connected to and disconnected from WiFi
3. Try different formats for how you enter your location (you may need to change the abbreviation or the order)
If that does not work, please contact us. Please answer the following questions, as we need this to troubleshoot your situation.
1. What’s your DateID username or profile link? Or what’s the email address associated with your Facebook account?
2. What country, state/province and city are you currently in?
3. What format are you using to enter your location?
4. What device are you using? Phone or computer?
5. Are you connected to WiFi when location verification is failing?
I am a a member. Why is there someone else with my name and info who isn't me?
DateID has hundreds of millions of records, internationally. Most of them are not actual DateID members. If you have a common name, there will potentially be dozens of profiles with your name.
If you are already a member, and you’ve found non-member profile that appears to be you, you can “claim” the profile. Here’s how:
- View the full profile, like you’re screening someone (your first 3 are free so you should not have to pay. If you’re out of freebies it will be $0.99).
- Scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Click the button that says “claim this profile”. Here’s how it looks.
It will only work if your Facebook account ID is the same as the Facebook account ID attached to the non-member profile. Otherwise, anyone could claim anyone’s profile. If the two match, your member profile will be merged with the non-member profile.
How do I get a dating ID?
1. Create an account with Facebook
2. Install Yoti, the “digital ID card” app, which is free for Android and iPhone
3. Log on to your DateID account with Facebook
4. Go to your Profile Settings
5. Click on the selfie icon and follow the promps to connect Yoti
How can I delete my account?
You may be wondering why you can’t just delete your own profile. We’d prefer to have it that way too. Previously we allowed this, but it resulted in platform abuse. We had too many people deleting and creating profiles over and over, to get unlimited free credits.
Contact us and we’ll remove you within 48-72 hours, sometimes faster. Please be sure to include your username and the email address associated with your Facebook account. Otherwise we have no way to locate and delete you.
Please note that you may receive an additional email during the next 72 hours. You will be unsubscribed automatically when we delete you.
Get in touch
Berkeley, California 94705
Phone: (415) 475-9720