If you can’t verify your location, most likely your server or IP address is outside of the geofence we’ve set (out of our hands). This one can be tough to fix, but we have put together a detailed help article on it. Note that you don’t have to verify your location to level up Gold and get your ID.
If you’re a Gold member, and you have completed ID Verification, we will manually verify your location and add the blue check mark to your profile. Just type “paying customer” into the chat not and follow the prompts.
Change your location
To change your location, go to your Profile Settings and click on the Facebook icon. Then, update the location field. https://www.dateid.com/profile/edit
How to fix location verification errors
If you can’t verify your location, the most common causes are:
- You’ve entered your location in an unrecognized format
- You’re on-the-go
- Your computer or phone is connected to a server that is far from your location
- Your phone or computer accidentally denied us access to your location (if your browser never asked for permission to share your location, this is likely the culprit)
Here’s how to troubleshoot the situation:
- Try a different device (phone vs computer)
- Try being both connected to and disconnected from WiFi
- Try different formats for how you enter your location (you may need to change the abbreviation or the order)
- Try a different location altogether. A cafe or your workplace, for example.
- Disconnect from any Virtual Private Networks
- Go into the settings of your computer or phone, and make sure your browser is giving location access to DateID. This works differently on every device, so we can’t provide individual device instructions. It may be easier to figure it out on your computer than phone.
If none of this works, the most likely cause is that the server your phone or computer is connected to is far away from you and outside of the Geofence we’ve cast on your location.
If you’ve ever seen a location show up in an advertisement or weather report on your computer that shows the wrong location, it’s the same thing.
You can try moving to a difference physical location, like your office, especially if it’s in a more urban area. But this does happen in both rural and urban area. If that doesn’t work, we are very sorry.
Manual Location Review
If you’re a Gold member and you’ve run through all the troubleshooting steps to no avail, we will manually verify your location and add the blue check mark to your profile
We can’t do this unless you’ve completed the ID Verification process. If you don’t see a blue ID badge on your profile, it isn’t complete.
Once you’re verified, send us a message via chat, if you have not already. Do this on the Tech Support page. Start by entering “paying customer”. You’ll have to confirm you’re a Gold member.
In your message, please include the following, as we need this to troubleshoot your situation.
1. What’s your DateID username and profile link?
2. What is the location you’re in that you’re trying to verify?
How to Change Your Location
We first get your location from your Facebook profile, as you may have figured out. If your Facebook location was outdated, your DateID location may be incorrect. You can edit this in your Profile Settings, in the Facebook section. Here’s how it looks on a phone.