Credit card not working?Here's how to fix it
Got money in your account but can’t pay? That’s called a “false decline” and yeah, it’s frustrating.
Your best bet is to just pay with PayPal, which works 100% of the time. If you don’t have PayPal, read on for how to get your credit/debit card to work.
Credit card networks are essentially playing a guessing game as they try to prevent fraud. They are more likely to decline a card if:
- It has been declined in the past.
- Your email addresses has been declined in the past.
- Your email address does not match your name.
- Multiple failed payments from your IP address.
- Lots of payment attempts over a short time period.
- You’re using a VPN.
- You’ve previously filed a chargeback.
And then there’s gift cards… they’re the most likely to be declined of all. We at DateID have no problem with them, but credit card networks just don’t trust them.
Here are some ways to get your credit/debit card accepted, so that you can get your ID instantly.
- Try a different card that has recently worked.
- It could be caused by a bug in autocomplete. If you see that the fields are still yellow, this is the case. Type in your info.
- Call the number on the back of your credit or debit card and ask them to approve the transaction. Keep them on the phone while you try again.
- Try using a different email address when submitting your payment. Choose an established email address that’s worked in the past.
- Use an IP addresses that has worked for payment in the past. New IP addresses can cause problems. Don’t use a VPN.
- Try again in a few minutes, a few hours or a few days. Sometimes false declines resolve on their own.
Pay with PayPal
PayPal is the most reliable way to pay online. You’ll see a yellow “Pay with PayPal” button on the signup page.
A credit or debit card that is being declined falsely will usually work once you connect it to PayPal.
Here’s the direct signup link: www.paypal.com/signup/
Get 25% Off Gold
For your trouble, we’d like to offer you a 25% discount on your Gold Membership. Use code SAVE25 at checkout.