Credit card not working?Here's how to fix it
Got money in your account but can’t pay? That’s called a “false decline” and yeah, it’s frustrating.
Your best bet is to just pay with PayPal, which works 100% of the time. If you don’t have PayPal, read on for how to get your credit/debit card to work.
Credit card networks are essentially playing a guessing game as they try to prevent fraud. They are more likely to decline a card if:
- It has been declined in the past
- Prior failed payments from your IP
- You’re using a VPN
- You previously filed a chargeback
- Lots of payment attempts over a short time
The first thing to do is try a different card. If that’s not an option, here are some ways to get your card accepted, so that you can get your ID instantly:
- Wait a few minutes and try again
- Call your card company and ask them to approve
- Connect your card to Apple Pay or Google Pay
- Try a Gift Card, like this one (needs $80 U.S.)
Pay with PayPal
PayPal is the most reliable way to pay online. You’ll see a yellow “Pay with PayPal” button on the signup page.
A credit or debit card that is being declined falsely will usually work once you connect it to PayPal.
Here’s the direct signup link: www.paypal.com/signup/
Get 25% Off Gold
For your trouble, we’d like to offer you a 25% discount on your Gold Membership. Use code SAVE25 at checkout.