Collection of your Personal Information
In order to better provide you with products and services offered, DateID may collect personally identifiable information, such as your:
– First and last name
– Email address
– Phone number
If you purchase DateID’s products and services, we collect billing and credit card information. This information is used to complete the purchase transaction.
DateID may also collect anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your:
– Current location
We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to use certain products or services. These may include: (a) registering for an account; (b) entering a sweepstakes or contest sponsored by us or one of our partners; (c) signing up for special offers from selected third parties; (d) sending us an email message; (e) submitting your credit card or other payment information when ordering and purchasing products and services. To wit, we will use your information for, but not limited to, communicating with you in relation to services and/or products you have requested from us. We also may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
Use of your Personal Information
DateID collects and uses your personal information to operate and deliver the services you have requested.
DateID may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from DateID and its affiliates.
You may be able to create an account using Facebook login. You may be able to connect your Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter accounts in order to share more information about yourself with other DateID users. You may disconnect your social media account at anytime. However, if you signed up originally with Facebook, you will need to delete your entire DateID account to disconnect.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
DateID does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties.
DateID may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on DateID or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of DateID; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of DateID, or the public.
Right to Deletion
Subject to certain exceptions set out below, on receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will:
• Delete your personal information from our records; and
• Direct any service providers to delete your personal information from their records.
Additionally, you may delete your account in your Account Settings. All of your data will be permanently erased.
Please note that we may not be able to comply with requests to delete your personal information if it is necessary to:
• Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us;
• Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
• Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
• Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
• Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
• Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;
• Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
• Comply with an existing legal obligation; or
• Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Children Under Thirteen
DateID does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this application.
Disconnecting your DateID Account from Third Party Websites
You will be able to connect your DateID account to third party accounts. BY CONNECTING YOUR DATEID ACCOUNT TO YOUR THIRD PARTY ACCOUNT, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE CONSENTING TO THE CONTINUOUS RELEASE OF INFORMATION ABOUT YOU TO OTHERS (IN ACCORDANCE WITH YOUR PRIVACY SETTINGS ON THOSE THIRD PARTY SITES). IF YOU DO NOT WANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU, INCLUDING PERSONALLY IDENTIFYING INFORMATION, TO BE SHARED IN THIS MANNER, DO NOT USE THIS FEATURE. You may disconnect your account from a third party account at any time. To disconnect third party accounts, go to your Account Settings and click the button for the account you with to connect.
From time to time, DateID may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication. In order to improve our Services, we may receive a notification when you open an email from DateID or click on a link therein.
If you would like to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications via email from DateID, you may opt out of such communications by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of all emails..
External Data Storage Sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
Changes to this Statement
DateID welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that DateID has not adhered to this Statement, please contact DateID at:
2207 Prince Street
Berkeley, California 94705
Effective as of October 20, 2021